Thursday, October 25, 2012

Drive out the enemies

Scripture:

Joshua 17:12 "but the descendants of Manasseh were unable to occupy these towns.  They could not drive out the Canaanites who continued to live there".

Observation:

The promised land that Joshua was allocating to the children of Israel was promised by God for them.  It is a type of salvation for us people on the other side of the cross.  God wanted His people to occupy all of this territory, but the people didn't think they could do what God was telling them to do so they settled for a partial territory with enemies that would torment them for many, many years.  God wanted the enemies driven out of the land.  When they were not driven out, they became a thorn in Israel's side.

Application:

Paul tells us to take off the old man and put on the new man.  There are parts of the old nature we need to kick out of our lives.  God has promised us the promise land of salvation, but we don't kick out some of the enemies in our lives and they become a thorn to us and we can never live in complete victory.  God wants us to walk in victory.  In order to do that, we need to take off the old man and put on the new.  We can't allow things of the enemy to hang around our lives.

Prayer:

Father God, teach me to walk in victory every day and every minute of the day.  I don't want any enemies hanging around in my life.  Cleanse me, purge me, make me clean and help me to possess all that You have purchased for me.  I want everything You died to give me.  I want to walk in the fulness of Your blessing without measure.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment