Monday, October 15, 2012

Choose Life

Scripture:

Deuteronomy 30:15 "'Now listen! Today I am giving you a choice between life and death, between prosperity and disaster".

Observation:

The preceding chapters have been talking about how obedience to God's laws and statutes brings about a blessed life and how disobedience brings about curses and disaster.  At the end of this section, God tells them that they have a choice to make between life and death, between prosperity and disaster.  If you choose to obey God's law, then you get the blessings, if you choose not to obey the Lord, you get the curses.

Application:

If we want the blessing of God on our lives, which is absolutely incredible, we must do things His way.  He asks us and wants us to choose life, but if we don't, we will get the curses spoken about.  When we put God first and do what He wants, we can expect the blessing of God to overwhelm our lives, but when we live according to the flesh, we can expect things to be a mess.  We must choose obedience and life!

Prayer:

Lord, Help me to choose life instead of death.  I want to fully and completely obey You in every area of life.  I choose life and the way of obedience.  You are my God and I love and trust You with my life.  Let me see your hand of blessing on my life, my family and my church.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment