Friday, August 31, 2012

A Place to Meet

Scripture:

Exodus 25:22 "I will meet with you there and talk to you from above the atonement cover between the gold cherubim that hove over the Ark of the Covenant.  From there I will give you commands for the children of Israel".

Observation:

God is giving Moses the instructions for building the Tabernacle.  As he ws giving instructions about the holy place, He threw in this sentence.  "I will meet with you there and talk to you...I will give you commands for the children of Israel."  God wanted a place where He and Moses could meet and talk.  He has always desired a relationship with His people, yet His people many times don't have time to spend with Him.

Application:

God still wants a place and time to meet with His people.  He wants to make it onto our agendas!  He longs to meet with us and speak to us.  He set up guidelines about where and when to meet with Him back then.  Now, we are to pray without ceasing.  Though we are to pray without ceasing, God also very much appreciates His people arranging a time and a place to meet with the Lord.  Preferably on a daily basis.  It's like I hear the Lord saying to our generation, "Where and when can I meet with you?"

Prayer:

Father, forgive me for my lack of time with You.  I need You to lead me continually, yet I sometimes struggle with making my appointments with You lately.  Light up my prayer life.  Speak to me when we meet.  Show me things.  Teach me when we meet.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment