Tuesday, August 14, 2012

When God Decides to Bless You

Scripture:

Genesis 45:18 "Then get your father and all of your families, and return here to me.  I will give you the very best land in Egypt, and you will eat from the best that the land produces".

Observation:

When God decided to bless Jacob through Joseph, he did it really well.  In the midst of famine and drought, his family was provided for.  not just enough to survive, but they were brought to Egypt and given the best land in Egypt, and were told they would eat the best crops the land produces.  Everything they needed to make the move was provided.

Application:

Sometimes we feel hopeless and like God will never bless us and meet our needs.  In the story above, we see that Jacob had to go through some famine to the point of desperation and he was beginning to fear that his family would starve to death.  In God's timing (right on time) his family was delivered and brought into a season of great blessing.  They received the best of all Egypt.  We can never give up on God.  He is seldom early, but never late.  He always comes through for His people.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me to trust You more.  You are amazing and have always taken care of me.  Forgive me for the times I have not trusted you and leaned on my own understanding.  You are my provider, my source, and my friend. 

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment