Monday, August 13, 2012

Divine Turnarounds

Scripture:

Genesis 41:51-52  "Joseph named his older son Manasseh, for he said, 'God has made me forget all my troubles and everyone in my father's family'.  Joseph named his second son Ephraim, for he said, 'God has made me fruitful in the land of my grief'".

Observation:

Joseph saw an amazing turnaround in his life.  He went from years of terrible misfortune where he ended up in prison, to being second in charge of all Egypt in a moment of time.  He was blessed beyond measure in the land that was the land of his punishment for things he had not done.  God can take the bad things in life and bless you so much that you forget all the troubles it took to get there.  You can be fruitful in the land of your grief.

Application:

Joseph is an amazing story of integrity and character when things are going wrong and you are being falsely accused of things.  He remained faithful to God and, years later, God was faithful to him in bringing him into the place of God's favor.  Divine turnarounds still happen.  God can still dramatically change situations and circumstances, but we must live faithfully in the bad times like Joseph did.  When we live right, we can expect divine turnarounds!

Prayer:

Father, You are incredible!  I love you with all my heart.  Let me be faithful to You in the difficult times so that the divine tunrarounds can happen.  I want to be fruitful in the land of my grief.  Help me stay on track and serve You faithfully every day.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment