Thursday, August 30, 2012

Serving and Blessing

Scripture:

Exodus 23:25-26  "You must serve only the Lord your God.  If you do, I will bless you with food and water, and I will protect you from illness.  There will be no miscarriages or infertility in your land and I will give you long, full lives".

Observation:

Moses is on Mt Sinai receiving the Law of the Lord and entering into a covenant with God.  All God really wants in this covenant is for His people to love and serve Him only and not to run after other gods.  As part of the covenant He promises that if they will serve Him only, He would give them food and water, protection from illness, no infertility and long lives.

Application:

God has always wanted to bless His people, but we must understand that we are in a covenant.  In this covenant God promises to bless us, protect us, etc., but we also have a part in this covenant.  We must remain faithful to Him and serve Him alone.  There can be no other gods in our lives.  Many want His blessing, but we must realize the blessing is conditional on our obedience to living the way He wants us to live.  Obedience equals blessing!

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, I definitely want to walk in your blessing.  I want to have the blessing of God in every area of my life.  Help me to walk in complete obedience so that the blessings may flow.  Thank You for loving me and accepting me.  You are amazing and I love you more each day.  Teach me to be faithful to you in every area of my life.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment