Wednesday, August 29, 2012

His Special Treasure

Scripture:

Exodus 19:5-6 "Now if you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the peoples of the earth; for all the earth belongs to me.  And you will be my kingdom of priests, my holy nation".

Observation:

Moses had led the people of Israel out of Egypt two months prior to this.  God led them to Mount Sinai, where He wanted to meet with Moses.  God called Moses up onto the mountain so He could speak to him.  God tells Moses that they if they would follow Him and obey Him, that He they would be His own special treasure, a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.  This is what God has been after ever since that time.

Application:

God loves when His people obey his voice.  He is still looking for a people who will be completely His and who will serve Him accroding to His ways and not their own.  We are called in the New Testament these very words.  We are called a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a chosen generation, those who declare the praises of God.  As long as we are following Him and in covenant with him, we are his special treasure.  He loves us more than we know and all He really wants is for us to love Him back.

Prayer:

Father, let me love You and serve you the way You love me and serve me.  Help me to love and serve others the way you love and serve me.  You are incredible and I love you with all my heart.  Thank you for calling me You own special treasure.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment