Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Lord Blessed Him

Scripture:

Genesis 26:12  "When Isaac planted his crops that year, he harvested a hundred times more grain than he planted, for the Lord blessed him."

Observation:

Isaac planted crops and the Lord blessed him by giving him a one hundred fold return on his investment.  He harvested a hundred times what he sowed!  When God decides to bless someone, He does an incredible job of it.  The blessing of God is extremely powerful.  Isaac had favor on his life and the Lord chose to bless him.  The next verse says that he became a very rich man, and his wealth continued to grow.

Application:

If there is anything to be desired in life, it is the blessing of God.  When the blessing of God comes on your life, everything changes.  God doesn't do things half way.  When His blessing comes on a person, they will be blessed.  We need to be in a place where He can bless us.  Isaac was re-digging the wells his father Abraham had dug.  He was doing the right thing and seeking the God of his father.  We must do the same.

Prayer:

Father, I want to walk in your blessing.  I want to see supernatural provision like you did for Isaac.  I want to  have the blessing and favor of God on my life in increasing measures.  Help me be in the place and doing what You want me to do so that the blessing may flow.  I know You are a God who works financial miracles.  Work some in my life.

Yours Always,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment