Friday, March 30, 2012

Why Are You Destroying Yourselves?

Scripture:

Jeremiah 44:7 "And now the Lord of Heaven's Armies, the God of Israel asks you: Why are you destroying yourselves?"

Observation:

From the context of this verse you can see that He is speaking about his people worshiping and serving the idols and false gods from the nations around them. Because of this God was saying He was about to force them into exile and cause another nation to destroy them. I notice here that God had said "he" was going to destroy them because of the things they had done. Here He says they are destroying themselves by bringing on God's judgment.

Application:

Sometimes we blame God, others, our family, or those around us for our problems. As God spoke through Jeremiah, so He could speak today. We tend to be people who like to do things our own way instead of doing it God's way, thus we are destroying ourselves. God wants to bless us, but we are destroying ourselves by not doing what He wants and not living a Christ-centered life. We must put away every idol and everything that pulls us away from God rather than destroy ourselves. Obedience is still better than sacrifice. We must learn to do things his way instead of our own.

Prayer:

Father, help me avoid destroying myself through disobedience to You and Your word. Keep my path straight and my heart open to listen to Your voice and follow with all my heart. I want to live in Your blessing and fulfill Your will for my life. Teach me to walk closer each day.

In Pursuit Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment