Tuesday, March 27, 2012

God's Desire

Scripture:

Jeremiah 36:3 "Perhaps the people of Judah will repent when they hear again all the terrible things I have planned for them. Then I will be able to forgive their sins and wrongdoings".

Observation:

God is speaking through Jeremiah and telling him to write down every word He had given Jeremiah about the destruction that was coming if they didn't repent. Basically God is saying that He is giving them another opportunity to read all the prophecies that had been given in hopes they would repent and He wouldn't have to punish them. I love God's heart and desire here when He says, "Then I will be able to forgive their sins and wrongdoings". It's like He is saying that His desire is to forgive, and heal them, but they had to repent in order for Him to do that.

Application:

The heart of God is so awesome! Even in judgment, you can see His mercy and His heart. He wants us to repent so that He can bless us. His love for us as His children causes Him to continue to give second chances until there is no hope of repentance. His desire is to bless his children, but his holiness demands action unless they repent. We must be quick to repent when sin is in our hearts. This was David's secret and we must follow it. When we realize we have sinned, we must be quick to repent, which will keep us in the blessing of God.

Prayer:

Lord, I love to see Your heart. Your desire is to bless and prosper Your people, but we are sometimes hard-headed and want to do things our own way. Forgive us for not walking in your paths better. Teach me to be a person who repents quickly. Your desire is to bless me, help me stay in the place where I can live under your blessing.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment