Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Loving God's Word

Scripture:

Jeremiah 15:16 "When I discovered Your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear Your name, O Lord of Heaven's Armies".

Observation:

Jeremiah has been prophesying doom and gloom for Israel. It seems nobody liked him and nobody would even listen to him. They had chosen to do what they want and ignore the words God was bringing through Jeremiah. In this chapter Jeremiah was actually wishing he had died at birth rather than go through this terrible time in his life. In the midst of all his trouble, he reminds himself about how God's words bring him joy and are his heart's delight. He reminds himself that He bears the name of God and how good God's words are to him.

Application:

It was God's words that brought Jeremiah out of depression and loneliness. He devoured God's words. He couldn't get enough! He wanted God's words with intensity. May God give me the same hunger for the Word of God as I read it each morning. May the Word of God be my joy and my heart's delight. I want the Word of God to have that kind of influence in my life. I want to fall freshly in love with the word of God every day.

Prayer:

Lord, thank You so much for leading me into this daily wash. This has been the greatest blessing to me and Your word to me daily has become so valuable that I could never go without it. Almost every day You speak clearly to me and I am able to share it with someone that day. Your timing is amazing and You word is absolutely incredible. Keep it alive in me all the days of my life!

Yours,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment