Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Eternal Rock

Scripture:

Isaiah 26:4 "Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock".

Observation:

Isaiah is singing this song to the Lord. Just before this verse is the familiar passage of scripture that says, "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you". He says that we can trust the Lord because He is the eternal Rock. When I think of the eternal rock, I think of something that never moves and is permanent. We can trust him because He is not moved by the things that try to move us away from Him.

Application:

Nothing surprises God. He does not get upset about things like we do. He is the eternal rock we can trust. When I think of trusting someone, I want to trust someone who has proven themselves and been through lots of life experience. I trust people who have lived a long time and endured many things. God is the eternal Rock, who better to trust with my life? He was faithful, is faithful and will be faithful. He is trustworthy because he has endured from eternity past until now. I need to trust Him more.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to trust You more. You have already proven yourself over and over, yet when trying times come I immediately want to rely on myself instead of on you. You are my rock! The one who never changes! The one constant of life. Teach me to walk with You and be a rock for someone else.

Yours Forever,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment