Friday, March 9, 2012

I Leave it all in the Lord's Hand

Scripture:

Isaiah 49:4 "I replied, 'But my work seems so useless! I have spent my strength for nothing and to no purpose. Yet I leave it all in the Lord's hand; I will trust God for my reward'".

Observation:

In this text, Isaiah seems to be struggling with feelings of uselessness. He seems to feel like he has been prophesying and nobody has been listening. He has been delivering God's words, yet there hasn't been a great response. He feels like he has spent everything he has for nothing and to no purpose. He then comes through with "Yet I leave it all in the Lord's hand; I will trust God for my reward".

Application:

Sometimes in life and ministry you can get to feeling like you have obeyed God's voice, done what you were suppose to, but the results you were expecting don't seem to happen. It is easy to let discouragement set in. When feeling that way, we must do what Isaiah did. We must do what God tells us to do and leave the results up to Him. We must look to the Lord for our reward. God doesn't see things like we do. We must listen to His voice, do what He says, and leave the results up to Him. Our confidence must not be in the results, or lack of results we see, but in the Lord.

Prayer:

Father, thank You once again for speaking to me this morning. You are incredible! Thank You for Your word and Your Spirit that still speak to Your people. Help me to walk in obedience, then, "leave it all in the Lord's hand". Give me strength today to complete every assignment You have for me.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment