Monday, March 19, 2012

Racing Against Horses

Scripture:

Jeremiah 12:5 "If racing against men makes you tired, how will you race against horses? If you stumble and fall on open ground, what will you do in the thickets near the Jordan?"

Observation:

God is amazing! He sees more in us than we could ever see in ourselves. When we are wondering how we will win this race against another person, He is seeing us race against horses. When we see little potential, He sees great potential. When we see limited resources, He sees unlimited resources. God has bigger things planned for you than what you are able to see. We must realize that He knows our potential better than we do. He knows what we are capable of, yet we limit ourselves with our stinkin' thinkin'.

Application:

We must humble ourselves under the hand of a mighty God and allow Him to raise us up. When we do this, we may end up racing against horses in His power instead of barely surviving a race against humans in our power. We must ask Him to change our mind so that we see things as He sees them. We are transformed by renewing our minds, therefore, we must change the way we think about things. We might see ourselves barely finishing a race against another person, God may see us racing against horses.

Prayer:

Father, open my eyes to see Your will clearly. Help me to see all that You want to do in my life. If you want me to build an ark, help me not spend my time in a kayak shop. Help me to see what You see in my life, as scary as that may be. I once again surrender to You and Your will in my life. I am Yours! Help me to be ready to race against the horses You may have in my life.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment