Thursday, March 8, 2012

God Answers to Nobody

Scripture:

Isaiah 46:10 "Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish".

Observation:

God is speaking through Isaiah and telling how He was going to destroy Babylon. He makes the statement that only He can tell the future and that everything He plans will come to pass. Lastly, he states that He does whatever He wishes. God doesn't have to ask anyone's opinion about how or what or when He does what He does. He is God and we are not. He is the Almighty. He is in control and makes His own decisions.

Application:

If God does whatever He wishes, then our best plan is to find out what He is doing and get involved in it. His plans are going to be established. His will is going to be done so rather than trying to twist God's arm to do whatever we want done, we should spend more time finding His heart and what He is doing in the earth and in our lives. Instead of "Thy Kingdom Come and Thy Will be Done", we like "My Kingdom Come and My Will be Done". His plan always happens! Try getting in line with His plan and watch your prayers be answered.

Prayer:

Lord, let me hear Your plans for my life, my family and my church. Help me walk with You more intimately and to hear your voice clearly. Give me more understanding and wisdom. I trust You as the Sovereign of the Universe. Let me finish well and complete every assignment You give me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment