Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Blessing Comes to the Humble

Scripture:

Isaiah 66:2b "I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts, who tremble at my word".

Observation:

The Lord is speaking through Isaiah and lets him know who He will bless. Israel had been terrible in their faithfulness to the Lord. They were full of pride and doing whatever they wanted instead of following the Lord their God. They were totally disobedient to the word of God and they knew it. Here in this passage God is speaking about how to get back on the side of His blessing. It comes through humility and contrite hearts. It also comes though trembling at His word.

Application:

Humility has always been very important to the Lord. Pride allows us to have some of the glory for the good stuff that happens in our lives. Humility gives God all the glory for every good thing that happens to us. God blesses the humble because they place their trust in Him instead of in themselves. He also blesses those who tremble at His word. He blesses those who take God and His Word very seriously. Really He blesses those who trust Him instead of themselves.

Prayer:

Lord, I humble myself before You. Help me to walk in Your power and not my own. Teach me to walk humbly before You and not to try to do everything on my own. I live for one thing, I want to hear well done good and faithful servant. Help me get there.

Amen,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment