Monday, February 6, 2012

Wisdom and Strength

Scripture:

Proverbs 24:5 "The wise are mightier than the strong, and those with knowledge grow stronger and stronger".

Observation:

The great king Solomon understood that wisdom would always beat muscle and strength. Wisdom will take you farther that what you can fight for and knowledge will make you stronger and stronger. The wise person knows how and when to use his strength. God is the God of all wisdom and He gives it to those who seek Him. He knows exactly what to do in every situation and does not mind sharing that with His people as they seek Him and honor Him for giving them the wisdom.

Application:

We must seek the Lord while He may be found. All true wisdom and knowledge belongs to Him who created everything we know and can see around us. Instead of running after wisdom and knowledge, may we run after the source of all wisdom. James tells us that if anyone lacks wisdom he should ask of God who gives liberally and doesn't withhold it.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to know You more and more each day. Help me to grow in You and to learn of You. Wisdom defeats strength every time and You are the author of all wisdom. Help me to hear Your voice that I may lead Your people well. Help me to walk in Your wisdom and not my own strength. Let me hear Your voice clearly every day and walk accordingly. You are my rock and my salvation!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment