Thursday, February 9, 2012

Don't Doubt God's Word

Scripture:

Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to Him for protection".

Observation:

Agur gives me a word today that I know to be true, yet sometimes my flesh struggles to believe it. According to this verse, every word God gives, will come to pass and will prove to be true. This could be His written word or his spoken word to our hearts. If God said it, it will come to pass. It also lets me know that He is a shield to all who come to Him for protection. The only thing I see here is that we must come to Him for protection, then He will protect us. He waits for us to come to Him.

Application:

Sometimes when life doesn't seem to be going the way we want it to, we slip into doubt and unbelief. We begin to doubt the promises of God and act like He has lost His authority and power. We must come to the Lord as the all-powerful one and believe that what He has spoken, will come to pass. If He created this Universe, He can take care of the things that concern us. He can protect us and will if we come to Him as our protector. My faith must increase to believe that all He has spoken to me will come to pass.

Prayer:

Lord, You have spoken so much to me over the past 40 years. Most of it has already come to pass and I should have no doubt that the rest will also come to pass. Teach me to walk by faith and not by sight. Help me not to doubt the things You have spoken to me. Teach me to trust You more in every area of my life. Thank You for increasing my faith this morning.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment