Thursday, February 23, 2012

Here I am. Send Me

Scripture:

Isaiah 6:8 "Then I heard the Lord asking, 'Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?' I said, 'Here I am. Send me'"

Observation:

In Isaiah chapter 6, the prophet has an encounter with the Lord. He sees the Lord high and lifted up and the seraphim were surrounding Him. Isaiah's immediate response was to realize what a terrible sinner he was. He immediately felt unworthy to be in the Lord's presence. A seraphim came to him and cleansed him with a coal from the altar and God asks Isaiah a question. "Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?" Isaiah, the only one there at the time replies and says the famous words, "Here am I. Send me."

Application:

Many years ago the Lord called me into His service and I answered, "Here am I. Send me". At that point, my life was not my own any more. When I said those words, my life direction was forever changed. When we say, "Here I am. Send me", it is for a lifetime of service. There is no back door and no easy way out. When we offer our lives to the service of the Lord, we don't sign a prenuptial agreement in case things don't work out. We offer Him everything, forever.

Prayer:

Father, thank You for reminding me of those times in Your presence when I offered You my life. Following Your way hasn't been the easiest at all times, but I am glad I said yes. I remind You this morning of my commitment, "Here I am. Send me". I once again offer You my life on the altar of sacrifice. You are my God and I will serve You with all my heart.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment