Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Self-Control

Scripture:

Proverbs 25:28 "A person without self-control is like a city with broken down walls".

Observation:

Broken down walls leave a city defenseless against any enemies. Solomon says here that a person with no self-control actually takes away his own defenses. When there is no self-control, we allow the enemy to come directly into our lives with ease. Self control closes the doors and gates from the enemy.

Application:

Self-control is one of the fruit of the Spirit. It is something that should be part of every Christian's life, yet it is probably one of the hardest areas to get control of. Self control touches many areas of our lives from our daily devotions to our health and eating habits, to our laziness, and so on. The person who exhibits self-control is respected by all. The person with no self-control takes away the walls of protection in their lives and the enemy walks in with no problem.

Prayer:

Lord, let me be a person who demonstrates much self-control. I want this fruit of the Spirit alive in my life. I want the city protected, my family protected, my church protected and my own life protected. I want to be effective in life and ministry. Therefore, help me in this area.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment