Friday, February 24, 2012

Don't Think Like Everyone Else

Scripture:

Isaiah 8:11 "The Lord has given me a strong warning not to think like everyone else does".

Observation:

God was telling His people to put their trust in Him and not in their own power, might, and strength. Israel was the people of God. They should not have feared any other army. They had seen God miraculously deliver them time and time again, yet our nature is to fear and look to ourselves. God interrupts their thinking and tells them they can't think like everyone else.

Application:

When I read this verse, I knew the Lord was speaking to me. Many things are happening right now in our church and ministry. We are ready to go to two services, we have a big drama production coming up, we are looking at land we can't afford in the natural. I hear the Lord saying, "Don't think like everyone else". He wants me to trust in Him and not lean on my own understanding. We wants me to walk a walk of faith that may not make sense to some. It is easy for me to try to analyze and think in my flesh. The not so natural thing is to obey God when He has different thoughts than we do.

Prayer:

Father, thanks for speaking to me this morning. I needed this verse. Help me not to think like everyone else. Your thoughts are above our thoughts. I want to think like You think. I want to think Your thoughts. Let me truly have the mind of Christ, which I know scripturally I already have. Let me think less like everyone else and more like You.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment