Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When God Speaks

Scripture:

Isaiah 21:16-17 "The Lord said to me, 'Within a year, counting each day, all the glory of Kedar will come to an end. Only a few of its courageous archers will survive. I, the Lord, the God of Israel, have spoken!'"

Observation:

I love the way God ends what He is saying through the prophet. He says, "I, the Lord, the God of Israel, have spoken!" He doesn't need the approval of anybody else, input, or words. He doesn't worry about what people think. He says what He says, then, with an exclamation point at the end, tells us that He has spoken. I love his authority. He is God and doesn't have anything to prove. He is the ultimate authority.

Application:

When God speaks, the world listens, whether they want to or not. When God speaks, whatever He says, will come to pass. He is faithful, reliable and able to back up what He says. When God speaks, the world obeys. He is amazing! Our response to His awesome voice should always be to listen and obey, not question Him over and over to make sure He knows what He is doing. He knows best and doesn't have to check in with anyone about what He speaks.

Prayer:

Father, help me to listen closer to Your voice. When You speak, things happen! Your voice speaks and the world changes. I want to hear Your voice clearer every day. When You speak, help me not to take it lightly. Help me to respond knowing that you are all-powerful.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment