Monday, February 13, 2012

Finishing

Scripture:

Ecclesiastes 7:8 "Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride".

Observation:

Solomon is known as the wisest man that has ever lived. He wrote most of the Proverbs as well as Ecclesiastes. In this couplet are some powerful words from the wisest man to ever live. He says that finishing is better than starting and patience is better than pride.

Application:

Anyone can start something, finishing the task is a different story. Finishing usually means staying longer than you really want to. Finishing usually means having patience to complete the work. Finishing means working hard when it seems there are no results. Finishing brings humility and patience. I must work hard on finishing what I feel God has had me start and never give up.

Prayer:

Father, let me finish well the race You have set before me. Help me to finish with the same intensity I started with. I want my life to honor You. Help me to complete every task You have given me to do. I have started much and not finished it all. Help me be a finisher.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment