Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The last Days

Scripture:

II Timothy 3:2 "For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred".

Observation:

Paul is at the end of his life and is leaving a message to Timothy, his son in the faith. He is telling Timothy to endure all things and describes how things will get in the last days. His description of the last days found in this verse and the following is an exact description of our generation today. Never has a generation been more accurately described almost 2000 beforehand.

Application:

My admonishment for this a minister in this generation is to do what Paul told Timothy later in this passage, "remain faithful to the things you have been taught". As a minister in the generation so accurately described by Paul, I must remain faithful to what I have been taught. Though this generation has itching ears and will go to someone else who will tell them what they want to hear, I must remain faithful to God and to His word.

Prayer:

Father, help me today to remain faithful to You and Your word while in the midst of a generation who have a form of godliness, but deny it's power. Help me to declare truth, whether that is acceptable or not. Help me to accurately divide the word of truth. I want to walk with You more each day.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment