Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pursue Righteousness and a Godly Life

Scripture:

I Timothy 6:11 "But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness".

Observation:

The Apostle Paul is writing to his spiritual son Timothy and giving him instructions about how to live as a minister and how the church should function. Near the end of the letter, Paul defines Timothy as a man of God, which is huge when coming from your father. He then tells Timothy to run from sin, purse righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.

Application:

As a minister of the Gospel and as a man of God, I must always run away from sin. I must pursue righteousness and a godly life. I must seek to always grow in my relationship with the Lord. I must allow my home life to reflect my pulpit life. I must also pursue faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness. These things are crucial for the minister of God's word. There are enough ministers who have fallen away from God and into sin. We must be part of a generation that raises the bar once again and lives completely for the Lord Jesus Christ in a way that blesses Him. I continue to see ministers fall into sin and their ministries are destroyed along with all the people who were following them. It is not right.

Prayer:

Father, help me be a minister who represents You well. Help me to be a mirror image of You. Teach me Your word and let me grow in sanctification and grace. I want to be more like You every day. Teach me to be a good follower of Yours. Let my life count for Your Kingdom. Before I preach, let my life preach a powerful message of one who walks with God.

Yours Forever,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment