Monday, January 31, 2011

Power to Accomplish

Scripture:

II Thessalonians 1:11 "So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of His call. May He give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do".

Observation:

Paul's prayer for the Thessalonian people was great! He prayed that God would give them the power to accomplish all the good things their faith prompted them to do. Our faith should prompt us to do some things and God's power is there to help us accomplish those things. Faith requires action, action requires power, power requires God. We need Him!

Application:

As our faith prompts us to do certain actions, the power of God will be there to give us the strength to do it. We must be willing to put our faith to work. Works do not save us, but faith without works is dead. As we are prompted to do things for the Lord, let's do them, knowing that He will give us the power we need to accomplish what He has put in our heart.

Prayer:

Lord, grant me the power to put into action the things my faith has prompted me to do. I want to do all that You have pre-planned for me to do in my life. I want to finish the course with excellence. Thank You for reminding me that what You put in my heart, You are able to perform.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment