Monday, January 24, 2011

The Priests of the Lord

Scripture:

Isaiah 61:6 "But you shall be named the Priests of the Lord, You shall eat the riches of the Gentiles, And in their glory you shall boast."

Observation:

Isaiah 61 is a Messianic prophecy. It is speaking of Jesus, the Messiah. When Jesus began His ministry, He used Isaiah 61 as His first preaching text and said it was fulfilled in their ears that day. As part of this talk of the Messiah it also says that "You shall be named the Priests of the Lord". The priests are the ones who do the work of the temple and are able to sacrifice and come into the presence of the Lord.

Application:

In Peter, we are called a royal priesthood and a holy nation. When Jesus died, the veil of the Temple was torn in two pieces and access was given to us into the Holy of Holies. Now we are priests of the Lord who can enter his presence without fear, yet many times we want to be like the children of Israel and let Moses go talk with God and tell us what He said. We have access and we have been told to enter boldly into His presence, let's go!

Prayer:

Lord, as a priest, I have access to Your presence. I want to live there. I want to walk closer to You than ever before. I want to know Your heart and what You want of me and my life. I want to know Your plans, Your secrets, and what this world is coming to. I want to step into my position as a priest and offer You the best sacrifices. I want You more and more in my life. Teach me to walk in the presence of God at all times.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment