Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I WiIl Be Your God

Scripture:

Isaiah 46:4 "I will be your God throughout your lifetime - until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you".

Observation:

God is awesome! From the beginning He has wanted a have a people who would be His and that He could truly be their God. His commitment to us as His children, is amazing. The people of Israel left Him over and over, but He continued to go after them and bring them back to Himself. Here He makes the promise that He will be your God throughout your lifetime. He wants, not only to care for us, but to carry us.

Application:

We have a God, not made by human hands, but who made human hands. He makes incredible promises to His people and longs to truly be their God. He is true to His word and does what He says He will, yet we struggle to trust Him and still like to look to ourselves instead of to Him. We must learn to trust Him with our lives. He created us and knows us better than anyone else. We have an incredible God! We must learn to trust Him and know that He has our backs.

Prayer:

Father, the more I know you, the more I want to know you. The more I seek You, the more I find You. The more I explore you, the happier I am. You are amazing! Thank you for promising to be my God throughout my lifetime. Thank you for teaching me to depend on You for everything. You comfort me and I appreciate it. Help me represent you better each day!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment