Thursday, January 6, 2011

Let the Light Shine

Scripture:

Isaiah 9:2 "The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned".

Observation:

Isaiah was prophesying about the coming Messiah who would deliver Israel from her oppressors. He said of this person that the people in darkness had seen a "great light". Jesus came to earth and declared Himself to be the light of the world. Later He said that we are the light of the world. He came to light up the world, and left us to finish His work.

Application:

The world is getting darker and darker. The way to fight the darkness is not by rebuking it, but by turning on the light. The people around our lives must see a "great light" when they see us. By using the words "great light", the prophet was also saying that there are different levels of light. Is my life a "great light", a little light, or barely shimmering? I want to live a life that lights up the world and anyone I come in contact with.

Prayer:

Father, let your light shine in my life and let it be great! I want my life to count for something better than just surviving and keeping the bills paid. I want to light up my world. Help me to see how and teach me to let Your light shine through my life. It is Your light that is "great light". Unless You flow through me, it will just be a little light. Shine Jesus Shine!!! Light up the earth through Your people.

Love You Much,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment