Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God is Not Hiding

Scripture:

Isaiah 45:19 "I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the Lord, speak only what is true".

Observation:

God is speaking through the prophet Isaiah to the people of Israel. He tells them about the folly of serving and going after idols, then He begins to declare some things about Himself. In this verse, He first says, "I publicly proclaim bold promises". God spoke clearly to the people of Israel, telling them everything He wanted and everything that would happen if the did or did not obey. He never hid His will from them. Next He says that He never would have told them to seek Him if He could not be found.

Application:

God wants to be found by us. He doesn't delight in hiding His will for our lives from us. Rather, He delights in His people hearing His word and responding to it. Many times in the scriptures He says to seek Him and He will be found by us when we seek Him with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength. I want to find Him in His fullness. I want to know Hi more intimately. He has given us a guide to Himself, a treasure map called the Bible. Let's dig in it and find Him in all His fullness.

Prayer:

Lord, thank You for letting me see this. Thank You for not hiding Your will from me, but wanting me to seek You. Help me to complete this time of fasting and prayer with diligent seeking. I want to know You more and become more like You. Thank you for making the way clear and speaking to us clearly.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment