Thursday, January 13, 2011

Your Ears Will Hear Him

Scripture:

Isaiah 30:21 "Your own ears will hear Him. Right behind you a voice will say, 'This is the way you should go,' whether to the right or to the left".

Observation:

God doesn't get honor by hiding His will from us. He wants to speak to us more than we want to listen, we are just too busy with other things to hear the voice of the Lord. Our ears are filled with other voices and there is no seeking after His voice. I like that the prophet says, "Your own ears will hear Him". Israel seemed to always let the prophets hear from God and bring them a word, but God doesn't desire that. He desires each person to hear His voice clearly.

Application:

I need to hear the voice of God in my life. During this time of fasting and prayer, it seems I can hear more clearly. I need to seek the Lord more intently in my life by setting aside times for prayer and hearing His voice. I honestly want to follow, but sometimes am too busy to listen. I am intrigued by the verse that tells us that Jesus said nothing unless He heard the Father say it. I want to say less and less of what I think, and more and more of what God has to say.

Prayer:

Lord, teach me Your ways. Teach me to hear your voice more clearly and accurately. Your word said my ears would hear you and I want that to be an every day event. I want to hear Your voice! Give me the discipline to get away with You to allow You to speak to me. I need it Lord. Let me hear Your voice concerning my family, my church, my area and the world.

Your Son,

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really enjoyed today's reading. You have made me really think about Jesus waiting to hear from the Father. That really challenges me. Thank you, Jeff, in being so faithful to do this daily. Many blessings to you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark. May God pour His richest blessing over your life as you follow Him.

    ReplyDelete