Friday, January 21, 2011

God's Faithful Love

Scripture:

Isaiah 54:10 "For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then My faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken, says the Lord, who has mercy on you".

Observation:

God's faithful love is amazing! His word is true and does not lie or fail. If He says it, you can believe it! Many times when a person says they love us and will never leave us it doesn't mean that much because we have seen so much divorce, separation, etc. When the God of the Universe makes a promise like this, it is trustworthy. God's love for us will remain, no matter what happens and His covenant of blessing will never be broken.

Application:

Sometimes we feel like we have messed up and failed God, then we immediately feel like He doesn't love us anymore and won't accept us. Satan wants us to think that salvation is a revolving door that you are in and out of, questioning the love and grace of God. Satan wants us to feel distant from God. God wants us to know that He is close to us and His faithful love is unstoppable. God takes covenant very seriously and here talks about His covenant of blessing will never be broken. We must stop letting ourselves believe that God doesn't love us because we mess up at times.

Prayer:

Lord, let your word go deep into my heart. Let me see You for who You are. You are faithful, even when I fail You. You continue your covenant because of who You are, not because of me. You are amazing and I want to be more like You. Faithful! Teach me to love, when love hurts and doesn't do what I think they should. Help me to walk in Your grace. I want to reflect You well.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment