Monday, January 10, 2011

Extreme Obedience

Scripture:

Isaiah 20:2 "the Lord told Isaiah son of Amoz, 'take off the burlap you have been wearing, and remove your sandals'. Isaiah did as he was told and walked around naked and barefoot".

Observation:

Isaiah was a man that was very familiar with the voice of God. He knew the voice of God and did according to what he heard. In this instance he was told to take off his clothes and walk around naked and barefoot. The next verse says that he did this for three years. This is extreme obedience and knowing you have heard the word of the Lord. This was done as a message to Egypt and Ethiopia that they would look like this after they were invaded by other nations.

Application:

Isaiah was a man of extreme obedience. I know if I thought I heard God tell me to do the same, I would rebuke the devil for speaking to me. Isaiah knew he had heard from the Lord and responded "YES", I will do it. God doesn't ask us to do things like this today, but what is He asking for that we have failed to obey? What areas have I said "NO" to God in? I want to be a person of extreme obedience who walks with God and does what He says without delay or denial.

Prayer:

Father, help me to obey and follow through on Your words to me. Give me the strength to do what You have called me to do. I want to obey You in every detail of what You have spoken. Give me the support system I need to accomplish all You have given me to do with excellence. I want to always say "YES".

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment