Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Let the Potter Do His Work

Scripture:

Isaiah 64:8 "But now, O Lord, You are our Father; We are the clay, and You our potter; And all we are the work of Your hand".

Observation:

Isaiah, and several other biblical authors refer to God as the potter and us as the clay. This is a great analogy because God truly wants to develop us into the individuals He wants us to be. Many times we plan out our lives and dream about what we will become and who we will be while God is saying, "Hey, I created you, let me work on you. I have a plan for your life as well and it will be easier for you if you develop into who I want you to be".

Application:

God wants to be the potter and He has in His mind what He wants us to become. Somehow, we have to shift our actions from planning, doing, then asking God's blessing, to asking God's will, finding it, then planning and doing it. We must desire God's will for our lives and not our own. Any time we dream, it should be God's dreams for us. We need to "seek first the Kingdom and His righteousness" then let all these others things be added to us. We need to live "Christ-centered" lives, then we will experience His blessings at a whole new measure. Let the potter be the potter and stop trying to control Him.

Prayer:

Dear Potter, I often try to shape myself into who I want to become. I often try to bypass the work of your hands and take care of things myself. You have a plan for my life. Help me to seek after You first, then plan my day, my future, my life! Your plan is better than mine and I trust You in that. This morning I put my life back on the potter's wheel and ask You to shape me. I am Yours!

Your Son (Still on the wheel),

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment