Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Pure Heart, A Clear Conscience, and Genuine Faith

Scripture:

I Timothy 1:5 "The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith".

Observation:

Here Paul tells Timothy why he is writing this letter. He wants to see God's people filled with love. He adds three things that love comes from. He says love comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience and genuine faith. If a pure heart, a clear conscience and genuine faith are the root, love will be the fruit.

Application:

Love comes from God and the more real we are in our faith, the more Christ will love through us. We should be people who are constantly seeking to become more like Christ. We must have a pure heart - all the right motives, a clear conscience - not doing anything that goes against our conscience, and genuine faith - faith that is real. When we live in this arena, love will flow naturally from us because we are the real deal. We can live the life God wants us to live.

Prayer:

Father, purify my heart. Make me real through and through. I want Christ at the Core of who I am. I want love to flow out of me as it does from You. Help me to walk closer to you and to hear Your voice me clearly.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment