Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Glory in the Lord

Scripture:

Jeremiah 9:23-24 "Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory glory in his riches; But let him that glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth, For in these I delight, says the Lord".

Observation:

God loves humility and hates pride. Here He says that we should not glory in anything we have done for ourselves, rather, our glory should be in the Lord. Without Him, we can do nothing. We can glory in the fact that we know Him and understand Him. He wants us to understand his lovingkindeness, judgment, and righteousness. God delights in His people understanding Him and living for Him.

Application:

America has become a very proud nation. Pride always goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. We are proud of our accomplishments and our knowledge. We glory in our accomplishments and have forsaken our God. We must humble ourselves and shift our lives from being self-centered to being God-centered. We must seek the Lord while He may be found. If we must glory, it must be in the Lord.

Prayer:

Lord God Almighty, Maker of the heavens and the earth. You are awesome! Your word blesses me every day. Help me to glory only in You. Father, it said in this verse that we should glory in the fact that we understand You. I want to understand You better. Teach me every day more about You. Teach me Your ways. Show me Your truth and let me understand You better. Let Your word come alive to me.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment