Friday, February 4, 2011

Finishing Well

Scripture:

II Timothy 4:7 "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful".

Observation:

Paul was approaching the end of his life and he knew it. He was writing his final letter to his son in the faith Timothy about enduring hardship as a good soldier and being faithful in the ministry. In this, he tells Timothy that he was had fought the good fight, finished the race, and remained faithful. He was confident that he had given his very best and was expecting a great reward in heaven. He lived a life that he could honestly say was fully devoted to the Lord.

Application:

Will we have the confidence that Paul had at the end of his life? Will we be able to say that we have finished well? In a race, the most important thing is the finish line. It really doesn't matter what happens on the track during the race. What matters is what happens at the finish line. At the finish line you can look back and see how you did. Hopefully we will be able to look back near the end and say with confidence that we have finished the race, fought the good fight and remained faithful. We should live our lives wanting to hear "well done, good and faithful servant" at the finish line.

Prayer:

Lord, You know me. You know that I want to live a life that pleases You. I want to hear well done good and faithful at the end of it. I want my life to impact eternity for as many as You want me to. I want to finish with the confidence of Paul who knew he run the race well.

Forever Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment