Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pride and Arrogance

Scripture:

Obadiah 12 "You should not have gloated when they exiled your relatives to distant lands. You should not have rejoiced when the people of Judah suffered such misfortune. You should not have spoken arrogantly in that terrible time of trouble".

Observation:

Obadiah is one of the shortest books in the Bible. It is simply a rant against Edom for the way they treated Judah. Edom had been a thorn in Judah's side for many years, helping other nations attack them, etc. God speaks through Obadiah a rebuke to Edom and tells of their coming judgment as a nation. God's wrath was coming on them. In the above verse, we see a little of God's reasons why. One of the things was that they spoke arrogantly in a time of terrible trouble. God despises pride and arrogance.

Application:

Once again we come to the fact that God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble. Our God is never pleased with pride in any fashion. He wants a humble people who love Him and express their need for Him. When the enemy tries to get you walking in pride, resist the temptation and choose humility. God will bless you for it.

Prayer:

Father, You are showing me so much about pride and humility. Help me grasp it! I want to walk humbly before You and fulfill Your plans for my life. You are my all in all. Without You, I am sunk. My life is Yours. My family is Yours. My everything is Yours.

Your Son,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment