Monday, February 7, 2011

Yet I will rejoice

Scripture:

Habakkuk 3:18 "yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation".

Observation:

The verse before this statement says, "Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty". Habakkuk was saying that no matter how bad it gets, he will rejoice in the Lord, the God of his salvation. When everything in life was going the wrong direction, Habakkuk said, yet I will rejoice in God. WOW!

Application:

Sometimes we go through times where it feels like everything is going bad. Our initial reaction is generally to get down and definitely not to rejoice in the Lord. Here the author helps us see that God is God whether our present circumstances are good or bad. He deserves our praise when we feel good and things are going good as well as when things are going bad. He is still God! We must begin to rejoice in the Lord, even when is seems life is drying up and nothing is going right. That is spiritual maturity!

Prayer:

Lord, help me to rejoice when I see things going great as well as rejoice when nothing seems to be going right. Teach me to be faithful in my praise to You. You are worthy of praise no matter what I am going through. Teach me to rejoice in difficult times, knowing You are my God and You will bring me through.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment