Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Godliness with Contentment

Scripture:

I Timothy 4:6 "Yet true godliness with contentment is itself great wealth".

Observation:

In the verse just preceding this one, Paul tells Timothy that there are those who teach and act very spiritual, but bring division and only want to get wealthy from preaching the Gospel. Paul then tells Timothy that true godliness, with contentment is great wealth. After this verse, he says that we brought nothing into this world and can take nothing with us when we go. True godliness with contentment is actually worth more than any money can buy.

Application:

Money cannot make anyone happy. There are many rich people in the world's eyes who are very miserable people, yet the lie goes on that money will make things better. Money will never make you better, contentment will make you better. Learning to be content in all situations. Whether you have much or little, you can learn to be content and thankful for what you have. This brings about true joy in the Lord. Real joy is found in serving Jesus and others. Learn to be content where you are on the way to where you are going.

Prayer:

Teach me to walk in Your ways and to live the way You want me to. Thank you for the incredible way you have blessed my life. You have blessed me in so many ways and sometimes I am not appreciative for it. Forgive me for not being content in You. Help me to be godly and content, that I may bring glory to Your name. Thanks for speaking to me this morning.

Your Servant,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment