Monday, July 5, 2010

When God Doesn't Answer

Scripture:

I Samuel 28:6 "He asked the Lord what he should do, but the Lord refused to answer him, either by dreams of by sacred lots or by the prophets".

Observation:

Samuel was the prophet that Saul had for many many years. He was God's revelation to Saul to lead Israel. Samuel had died and Saul couldn't get an answer from the Lord. He tried everything to hear from God, but the heavens were silent. God had refused to answer him. God doesn't always answer when or how we think he should.

Application:

When Saul couldn't get a word from God, he went to a medium and asked her to bring up the spirit of Samuel so he could inquire of him what to do. Instead of waiting on God, he took things into his own hands and sought another way to hear from God. Our walk with God must be strong enough that even when he doesn't answer, we don't do something that we are going to regret later. We must have patience. The New Testament tells us that "with faith and patience we inherit the promises". Never go ahead of God when he is silent, wait to hear His voice.

Prayer:

Father, sometimes I get frustrated with not hearing Your voice enough. I want to live a life that brings you praise so I want to make sure that I am doing what you want me to. Teach me to wait upon the Lord. Teach me not to walk until I know I have heard from you. Help me not to plan things and prepare things unless I know you have asked me to.

Wanting to hear clearer,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment