Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Doing right and Being Innocent

Scripture:

II Samuel 22:21 "The lord rewarded me for doing right; He restored me because of my innocence".

Observation:

David is singing a song of praise to the Lord. He has just been restored to the place of authority in the kingdom, his enemies have been defeated, God has won his battles, and he is giving god praise. While praising the Lord, he throws in these words, "The Lord rewarded me for doing right; He restored me because of my innocence." David believed that rewards come from doing right and innocence causes God to work on your behalf.

Application:

God is a god of love and mercy. He sometimes blesses us when we don't deserve it. Hebrews says He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. God keeps good records, and the innocent will be restored sooner or later. We should live lives of doing good and being innocent. When you live doing right and being innocent, life is much easier. We need to learn to live right and trust God to defend us in our innocence. He is faithful!

Prayer:

Lord, help me to live a life of innocence. Teach me to do right, no matter what it looks like, how it feels, or what the consequences are. I want to live right before you every day of my life. Defend me from my enemies and honor my innocence as you did for David. I love you with all my heart!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment