Thursday, July 15, 2010

God's Blessing: Geting what you didn't ask for

Scripture:

I Kings 3:13 "And I will also give you what you did not ask for - riches and fame! No other king in all the world will be compared to you for the rest of your life!"

Observation:

Solomon had just become king and was nervous about ruling over the people God had entrusted to his father David. Solomon respected David and his walk with the Lord. Solomon had seen his father's relationship with the Lord and began seeking the Lord as his father David had done. God speaks to Solomon in a dream and asks him what he wants. Solomon replied that he wanted an understanding hear to rule God's people well. Because of this reply, God granted his request as well as making him the extremely wealthy and famous. Because his heart was pure, he got what he didn't ask for.

Application:

God knows the desires of our hearts. He know why we do the things we do and say the things we say. He knows all and knows what he can trust you with. God blesses those with a pure heart who are not after money, but after God's will and after doing all they can to do things His way. When God sees a heart after him and after truth, He blesses it and gives you what you didn't ask for. People that have walked with god for a long time and truly been submitted to Him will always testify of God's miraculous provision in their lives. So many times God has given me what I didn't ask for. He is amazing!

Prayer:

Lord, I want to walk in integrity and character. I want those who know me best to respect me most. I want to be the real thing through and through. Help me walk before you humbly and let me see your goodness every day of my life. You have amazed me over and over again. Thanks for blessing us this week. You always come through!

Your the best!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment