Friday, July 30, 2010

ALL

Scripture:

II Kings 23:25 "Now before him there was no king like him, who turned to the Lord with all his heart, with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; nor after him did any arise like him".

Observation:

Josiah became king at 8 years of age, he ruled for 18 years, then discovered the Law of Moses. He had it read and his life was radically changed. When the above verse says that he turned to the Lord with ALL his heart, soul and might, it wasn't kidding. This guy got ahold of the Word of God and went on a righteous rampage! He destroyed all the idols, temple, priests, etc that belonged to any other gods than the Lord. He cleaned house in a big way!

Application:

I love to hear about people who have been radically saved. It seems today that many people decide to follow Jesus, but not many have one of these experiences where they are radically changed, where they are nothing like the person they were before. I am looking for people to be so completely saved that we would write about the way they turned to the Lord with ALL their heart, soul, mind and strength. Maybe I'm just a radical myself, but I believe that Jesus wants to change everything in our lives when we come to Him. I believe old things are passed away and all things become new. I am crying out to the Lord to see some people really grab hold of God and seek Him until everything changes.

Prayer:

Lord, make me a radical for you. Teach me to seek You stronger than ever before. I need you in my life more now than ever. Thanks for convicting me and drawing me recently. Keep working in my life I pray. Make me more like You. Show me how I can better please You. I want to serve You with ALL my heart, soul, mind and strength. Keep working on me!

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment