Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Faith sees big things among little things

Scripture:

I Kings 18:44 "Finally the seventh time, his servant told him, 'I saw a little cloud about the size of a man's hand rising from the sea'".

Observation:

Elijah had sent his servant 7 times to see if there was rain coming. He had declared it, and knew it was coming. 6 times he came back and had seen no clouds. Elijah would send him back out. The 7th time he returns and says he saw a cloud the size of a man's hand rising from the sea. Immediately Elijah tells his servant to hurry so the rain doesn't stop him. He knew a storm was coming quickly. It had not rained in 3 1/2 years. his faith saw a storm in a cloud the size of a man's hand.

Application:

If it had not rained in 3 1/2 years and I saw a cloud the size of a man's hand, I don't think I would be telling people to hurry because a rainstorm was coming quickly. I would probably be praying for the cloud to increase in size and for God to send the rain. Elijah saw something small and knew big things were coming. We must train ourselves to see the big possibilities instead of the little realities. Faith sees through the eyes of God and not our present situations.

Prayer:

Father, teach me to be a man of true faith. I want to be able to see little things like a small cloud and begin declaring that a rainstorm is coming. i want to walk with You and hear Your voice more clearly. Help me be the man of God You want me to be. I want to walk by faith and not by sight. Sight says it's just a little cloud. Faith says, hurry and get out of here a rainstorm is coming. Teach me to live a live of faith.

Love,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment