Saturday, July 3, 2010

Purity Brings Confidence

Scripture:

I Samuel 24:15 "May the Lord therefore judge which of us is right and punish the guilty one. He is my advocate, and he will rescue me from your power".

Observation:

Saul had been hunting David to kill him. While hiding in a cave, David was given the opportunity to kill Saul and only cut off a piece of his robe instead. As David is explaining this to Saul, he makes the above statement. David knows he is innocent and pure, which gives him confidence that God is his advocate and will rescue him David knew that God would bring him victory in this because he knew his heart was pure.

Application:

Confidence in God comes from knowing you are right with Him. When you know beyond any shadow of a doubt that you are walking in purity before the Lord, you will have great confidence in him. Likewise, when you are hiding sin and living a halfway Christian life, you have no confidence in God because there is some doubt whether he will rescue you or not. David knew God, but he also knew himself. he knew he had been walking uprightly and that God would bless that behavior. We must live lives of purity, because where there is purity, there is power and confidence in God.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to be pure in every way. Cleanse me from anything that would hinder my relationship with You. You are my advocate and my rescuer. I want to walk in confidence that only comes from purity. I love you Lord and want to be a servant you can totally trust.

Yours,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment