Monday, July 19, 2010

Lifetime Obedience

Scripture:

I Kings 15:5 "For David had done what was pleasing in the Lord's sight and had obeyed the Lord's commands throughout his life, except in the affair concerning Uriah the Hittite".

Observation:

David enjoyed a long reign as king and had died. Several of his descendants had reigned after him. Many years later the Lord continued to allow David's descendants to rule in Jerusalem. God was so impressed with David's life that He made sure one of David's descendants remained on the throne in Jerusalem for many years. Even when these kings would go after other gods, the Lord would keep them in power because of the heart of their forefather David. There was incredible blessing and favor on David's house because of his obedience to the Lord. Here it says that David obeyed all the Lord's commands except concerning Uriah. That's a pretty good track record. His generations were blessed because of his obedience.

Application:

As I have said many times, "obedience brings blessing". When you faithfully and consistently obey the Lord, the blessing of God always follows. God recognized who is totally obedient to Him. He knows whether He can trust you to do what He puts in your heart. Complete obedience is the key that unlocks the blessing of God on your generations. David lived a lifetime of obedience. We need to live the same way every day. Lifetime obedience.

Prayer:

Father, I want to obey You for the long haul. I want to run the marathon of obedience to You, not the sprint. I want to be one You can trust. Help me not to make excuses for why I can't do what You have spoken to me to do. Give me the strength to do all that You are putting in my heart to do. You are awesome.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment