Tuesday, March 16, 2010

When I See the Blood

Scripture:

Exodus 12:13 "But the blood on your doorposts will serve as a sign, marking the houses where you are staying. When I see the blood, I will pass over you. This plague of death will not touch you when I strike the land of Egypt".

Observation:

The last plague in Egypt was the death of every first-born son. This was to be the final plague that would get Pharoah's attention. The death angel would pass through Egypt and kill the firstborn of every family. The Israelites were told to put the blood of a sacrificial lamb on the doorposts and the lintel of their home. When the death angel came, if he saw the blood, he would pass over them, thus the word Passover.

Application:

This was to be an eternal observation by the Jewish people to commemorate the way God brought then out of Egyptian bondage. Jesus, the Christ, the Son of the Living God, became our Passover Lamb. John the Baptist declared of Him, "behold the lamb who takes away the sin of the world". Jesus is seen in the New Testament as the Passover Lamb. Because of our sin, we deserve judgment, but Jesus came that His blood might cause our judgment to be "Passed Over". Has the blood of Jesus been applied to the door of your heart? When God looks at you, does He see the blood of His Son? If not, make Jesus Lord of your life today. On the cross He took our punishment. Now His blood can be applied to our lives if we turn from our ways, give our lives to Him and allow Him to rule and reign our lives. This puts the blood of Jesus on the door of our heart.

Prayer:

Lord, thank you for this beautiful illustration of the Passover Lamb. Thank You for taking my sin, my cross, and my shame. Thank you for allowing Your blood to pay the price for my sin. You are amazing and I worship you with all my heart. Keep me under the blood every day of my life.

Your Son,
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment