Monday, March 22, 2010

God's Desire

Scripture:

Exodus 29:46 "and they will know that I am the Lord their God. I am the one who brought them out of the land of Egypt so that I could live among them. I am the Lord their God".

Observation:

In this verse, God tells why He brought the people of Israel out of Egypt. From the beginning of time, God has wanted to be with man. He wants to live among his creation and be their God. Though God was touched by the pain of His people under the Egyptian taskmasters, there was a two-fold purpose for the Exodus. One to relieve them of their suffering and torture they were under. Second, it was to live among them and be their God.

Application:

God's desire from the beginning has been to be with man. He has always wanted to be with His creation and to be their God. He has always looked for a people that would be totally His. He has always desired a people who He can walk with and talk with and be their God and who will be His people. God's desire is to be with us. He brought us out of bondage to sin, not just to take us to heaven one day, but that we can know Him now and have a NOW relationship with Him. He wants to be our God and we need to be His people.

Prayer:

Lord, I want You to be my God and I want to be Yours completely and fully. I want to walk with You and talk with You as friend to friend. I want to hear Your heart. I want You to share your feelings with me. I want to represent You well and truly be YOURS. Separate me Lord unto Yourself more each day that I may be fully YOURS. You are my Lord and my God and I want to fulfill Your desire. Teach me to hear more accurately and follow more closely.

I Love You,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment