Tuesday, March 23, 2010

If It Is True

Scripture:

Exodus 33:13 "If it is true that you look favorably on me, let me know your ways so I may understand you more fully and continue to enjoy your favor. And remember that this nation is your very own people."

Observation:

Moses is speaking with the Lord. When he meets with the Lord, an actual cloud comes down on the tent he is in and everybody can see that he is meeting with the Lord. He is walking closely with the Lord and knows him more than anyone else in the camp. As he is meeting with the Lord, he says, "If it is true that you look favorably on me". He knew it was true, but was making a point. He wanted to know the Lord even more. The closer you get to the Lord our God, the more you want to get even closer.

Application:

He that knew the Lord best, wanted to know him better. He wanted to continue to see the favor on his life, but also wanted to know the Lord's ways. Moses wanted to know God more and better, though he probably walked closer to God than most would ever dream of. He had seen God bring the children of Israel out of Egypt. He saw God do mighty things, yet was even more intrigued and wanted to know Him better. Never stop wanting to know Him more! Our God is limitless and the moment you think you know Him, He will surprise you! Seek Him on a continual basis and watch His blessing flow into your life.

Prayer:

Lord, I want to know You. I want to feel what you feel, see what you see and do what you do. I want to be more like you. Let Your image be found in my life. I want your fingerprint on my life. Show me Your ways more each day and let your favor rest on my life. I long to be more fully Yours.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment